
My name is patrick Donovan, and I am a senior and I am majoring in Communication Studies, although my main focus is film. Which is why I enrolled in this class, to gain insight into media and film and how they are affected by popular culture.
My opinios on popular culture in today's sociey, is that it is really bringing the whole industry down. I feel that the creativity that was once involved in film-making has been replaced by what the media thinks we want to see. I blame this directly on the media because they are giving all the exposure to the young teenagers, because that is what is making the most money. It is kind of sad because there are alot of film out there, that are really good but they are not getting the recognition they deserved.
So I am looking forward to this class, and learnigns much as possible about the information that I have skimmed through on the website.

I couldn't agree more with the media targeting the younger teenagers. I think creativity has become lost when it comes to film and television. Many of the plots are so similar...and I agree that it is sad because like you, I love to feel something when I watch a movie...and there have only been a select few that have done that. With that being said, good luck with senior year!
ReplyDelete